Sam360 integrates with with Lansweeper by importing device, software and some configuration data from the Lansweeper database on a scheduled basis.
To configure Lansweeper integration…
- Start the Management Point configuration tool. Instructions here.
- Click ‘Tasks’
- Click ‘Add Task’, ‘3rd Party Inventory’, then ‘Lansweeper’
- Provide the Lansweeper database location and authentication details
The name of the device where the lansweeper database is located.
If Lansweeper is using SQL LocalDB (which is the default option), then instance name will usually be ‘(localdb)\.\LSInstance’.
If Lansweeper is using a full version of SQL Server (E.g. Express, Standard or Enterprise)
- And it is using the default SQL Server instance (E.g. ‘MSSQLSERVER’) then this field should be left blank
- Or is using a secondary instance (E.g. ‘LANSWEEPER’) specify the SQL Server instance name.
The default name for a Lansweeper database is ‘lansweeperdb’
Specify the username and password of a Windows user or service account that has permission to read the Lansweeper database. If Lansweeper is using SQL LocalDB, the credentials of the user that installed Lansweeper must be supplied. If these are not available, it should be possible to configure a Lansweeper SQL account and use SQL Server authentication instead. Details of configuring a Lansweeper SQL account are available on the Lansweeper support site here.
- Click ‘OK’ to save the new configuration. The import should begin within a few minutes.