Sam360 has a number of tools, both standalone and connected, for gathering device hardware and software inventory. One such standalone tool is the Sam360 s3tools application. Using s3tools.exe a user can gather device hardware and software inventory data. This data is outputted by s3tools.exe as a Sam360 Inventory Data file (.ds). These files can up uploaded to the Sam360 platform via the Web Portals ‘Import Data’ page. For more information on gathering inventory using s3tools.exe go here.
Sam360 inventory data can be imported in a single inventory data file (.ds) or as a zipped archive (.zip file) containing multiple inventory data files.
To import Sam360 Inventory data…
- Log in to the Sam360 web portal.
- Click the ‘Settings’ button on the top right of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Import Data’ menu option on the left menu bar.
- Select ‘Inventory (Sam360)’ from the ‘Data Import Type’ dropdown menu
- Click the ‘Choose file’ button to browse for the file to be imported. Select the file and click ‘Open’ Note: Only one file can be imported at a time, the content and format of this file are explained below
- Click the ‘Upload’ button.
- The Sam360 inventory data will now be imported and queued for processing. Data is generally processed within a minute of importing, although this can be longer if the platform is busy.
Leave A Comment